Global Kids, Inc.Global
Tapping into what students are curious about and like to do, Global Kids engages youth in learning about current events, foreign policy, and human rights issues and equips them with the skills and tools they need to make an impact. While our programs take many forms and tackle a variety of subjects, they all share the following key ingredients:
- Opportunities for youth leadership through social action and peer education
- An emphasis on civic engagement and service-learning activities
- Global education and engagement through exposure to experts, meaningful travel, and sophisticated international affairs content
- College and career readiness through academic enrichment, internships, and college visits
- Development of 21st century skills such as problem-solving, critical thinking, digital literacy, communication, creativity, and cross-cultural collaboration
Global Kids’ vision is to create an ever-growing network of young people from diverse backgrounds who attain leadership on all levels of society and enter fields of international affairs and public policy. We work primarily with middle school and high school youth, and provide professional development and capacity building services for educators and institutions. During the 2012-2013 academic year, we reached over 10,000 youth and educators through face-to-face programs and operated weekly programs in 21 school sites in New York City and Washington, DC.