Rights for Disability Development Foundation (RDDF)Global
Rights for Disability Development Foundation (RDDF) advocates for the protection and promotion of human rights of persons with disabilities in Uganda, in line with the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UNCRPD) and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
RDDF works with partners to promote research in the area of disability, carry out awareness and policy advocacy and make strategic interventions in specific areas for long-term of persons with disabilities.
Healthy and productive persons with disabilities whose universals rights and freedoms are protected and respected by society.
- Advocating for inclusion of children/persons with disabilities in education programmes,
- Establishing accessible structures in schools, for learners with disabilities at all ages
- Promoting and supporting multi-skilled, vocational education for youth with disabilities,
- Supporting children with disabilities with the necessary resources to join, participate and complete quality education programmes,
- Sensitizing and interesting Heads of Schools in mainstream society, to include children/persons with disabilities in learning programmes at all levels.
- Enabling children/persons with disabilities to access and benefit from quality, Inclusive WASH facilities in schools
- Promote awareness-raising among policy-makers at the local, national and international levels about the importance of Inclusive Education for children/persons with disabilities and society as a whole.