You’re invited to join the movement to make quality education for girls & women a reality!
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 8, 2018
Jennifer Rigg, Executive Director
Ariel Brown, Youth Engagement & Communications Associate
Washington, D.C. - March 8, 2018, celebrate International Women's Day with GCE-US!
It's International Women's Day & all over the world, women and girls are standing up for their rights. From the #metoo movement to the call to #endchildmarriage, women and girls are using their voices to affect change.
We invite you to join the movement to make quality education for girls & women around the world a reality!
Easy steps to join the movement:
- Spread Awareness: Use social media to share a story of a woman or girl who inspires you. Tell the world why educating girls matters. Please tag @GCE_US & use this hashtag: #SheAdvocates.
Sample message: She inspires women to advocate for change. Please call on Congress to support #education, so girls around the world can inspire the next generation to do the same >>> take action #SheAdvocates #IWD2018
- Give: Please donate, so that we can together make quality #education a reality for girls & vulnerable youth around the world >>> http://bit.ly/donategceus
- Act: Please contact your Members of Congress and ask them to support robust funding for critical international basic education programs for the fiscal year 2019 foreign aid spending bill: http://bit.ly/SupportInternationalEd
GCE-US will be giving away a free gift card to one global education champion!
To enter to win a free Amazon gift card:
- A) Follow GCE_US on twitter, facebook and instagram, and
- B) Share a story about a woman or girl who inspires you, tag @GCE_US and use #SheAdvocates.
You only have until March 16, 2018, to be eligible, so please act fast!
The Global Campaign for Education-US (GCE-US) is a broad-based coalition of over 80 organizational members dedicated to ensuring universal quality education.
Subscribe to GCE-US for action alerts, advocacy updates and more: http://campaignforeducationusa.org/subscribe